BP Scholarship Program
• Be a full-time student majoring in Business, Engineering, or Arts and Science disciplines
• Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Have classification as a freshman or sophomore undergraduate at the time of application
• Demonstrate understanding that scholarship recipients will be invited to intern/explore full-time opportunities with BP throughout the course of the program. Recipients of the scholarship will have priority access to said opportunities.
• Demonstrate academic or leadership achievement. Examples include but are not limited to serving in a leadership role in a student organization or extracurricular activity working part-time while in school or recognition on the Dean’s list.
• Demonstrate interest in bp and the energy industry.
• Required to attend an in-person info session on campus, hosted by bp
• Essay Required: “Discuss a leadership experience you have had in any area of your life: school, work, athletics, family, church, community, etc. How and why did you become a leader in this area? How did this experience influence your goals?”
• Scholarship can be awarded up to $30,000
For scholarship renewals, each recipient must have:
• Participated in a bp internship program.
• a Recommendation from a bp representative.
• Participated in any required bp scholar programming throughout the year of
• scholarship receipt.
• Maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Maintained satisfactory pace toward completion of a Business, Engineering, or
• Arts & Sciences degree program
• All other relative acceptance criteria outlined within the bp Scholarship Program