THE KEITH M. FLETCHER EXCELLENCE IN ETHICS SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
For law students and prospective law students, Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. is excited to offer our annual Excellence in Ethics Scholarship. The first-place scholarship will be awarded to one recipient in the amount of $1,000.00. The second-place winner will be awarded a $500.00 scholarship as well.
July 1, 2024
In order to qualify for the Excellence in Ethics Scholarship, applicants must:
• Be a lawful U.S. permanent resident or citizen
• Be currently enrolled in or accepted to a US law school
• Submit a completed essay discussing the importance of pro-bono legal work
• Submit a completed application
• Applicants must not have received the same scholarship in a previous year
Any scholarship submissions that do not meet the listed criteria will not be considered. By submitting a completed application you agree to allow your essay to be published on our blog if you are chosen as a winner.
All applicants must submit a 1,000 word or more essay. The Texas State Bar for attorneys (as well as other state bar organizations) highly encourages attorneys to perform pro-bono work. The essay should focus on the importance of providing free legal services to those who cannot afford it, and why this is beneficial to the community at large and to the legal system as a whole.