Open to graduate students majoring in Educational Leadership
Applicant must have a 4.0 semester GPA and 3.5 cumulative GPA
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen
public service with youth outside school or in the community
Applicant must submit an essay using one of the following topics:
1. You have been offered employment in a public school where there has been a high dropout rate, low-test scores, and a high turnover in staff. What would you contribute based on your educational background to improve or decrease these risks and provide a productive learning environment?
2. You have been assigned to a school in which there are various ethnic groups that attend. How would you incorporate the different cultures where all students would receive an equal quality of education?
3. You have been assigned to an area where most of the schools are comprised of poor students who cannot read or write and therefore the schools are poor performing. How would you as an educator use the resources you have to attract exceptional leaders who have the ability to make these schools high performing schools?
4. Most public schools are equipped to teach those students without learning disabilities. There appears to be a shortage of teachers with the expertise to help those students who have learning disabilities. How would you as an educator ensure that these groups of students are afforded the same quality of education as those who are not learning disabled?
5. Accountability of students education is with students, educators and parents. As an educator, how would you make those accountable for success of the students to have the best education that they are entitled to?
Please upload essay.
Please upload proof of your public service with youth outside school or in the community.